PARTICIPANT CODE OF CONDUCT
This Upschool Africa code of conduct (“Code of Conduct”) outlines our expectations for behaviour from all participants of the Upschool Africa programs and applies to all interactions including networking, classes, webinars, interviews, meetings, panels, social media, and chat.
It outlines the consequences for unacceptable behaviour.
By participating in our different training, all students, speakers, participants, media, exhibitors, mentors, media representatives, service providers, and others (collectively “participants”, “you”, or “your”) agree to abide by this Code of Conduct.
The Upschool Africa Hosts (“hosts”) are dedicated to providing a harassment-free and inclusive event experience for everyone regardless of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, gender, or other protected category.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behaviour are expected to comply immediately.
The hosts expect that participants will:
- Be considerate and respectful to all mentors, hosts, admins, volunteers and fellow participants
- Refrain from any demeaning, offensive, discriminatory, or harassing behaviour, materials, and speech.
- Speak up if they observe anything at an event that conflicts with this Code of Conduct. If you are being harassed or feel uncomfortable, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the Upschool Africa team immediately. All reports will be addressed immediately and remain confidential.
Unacceptable behaviour from any community member will not be tolerated. Unacceptable behaviour includes, but is not limited to:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, offensive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning speech, materials, or conduct by any Participants of our our training and related activities.
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language directed against any admin, host, team member, volunteer or fellow intern.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate photography, recording or appearances during video conference calls.
- Any boisterous, lewd, or offensive behaviour or language, including but not limited to using sexually explicit or offensive language, materials or conduct, or any language, behaviour, or content that contains profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious, or ethnic slurs.
- Failure to obey any rules or regulations of the Upschool Africa will lead to immediate disqualification from the Upschool Africa program
CONSEQUENCES OF UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
Unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behaviour is expected to comply immediately.
If a Participant engages in unacceptable behaviour, the hosts may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning and/or expelling the offender from the program.