Effective Date: September 3, 2022
- What Information Do We Collect About You?
What Information Do We Collect About You?
You may browse the Websites without disclosing any Personal Information about yourself. When you use the Websites or register for the internship, we ask for Personal Information about yourself, and we gather data usage information.
Personal information is any information that may be used to personally identify you, such as your name, email address, company name, address, phone number, and other information about yourself or your business.
Upschool Africa, on the other hand, will just ask for your first and last name, phone number, and email address. We collect personal information from you when you signup to be part of the Upschool Africa Internship, Bootcamp or Scholarship
Navigational Information may include Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g., IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages you visit on our website, the amount of time spent on the sites, unique device IDs, and other diagnostic information.
When you access the website via a mobile device, we automatically collect certain information, including but not limited to the type of mobile device you use, its unique ID, IP address, operating system, internet browser, and other diagnostic information.
How do we Use Your Information?
- We need to identify and authenticate our users in order to ensure that only authorized users can access the website and make modifications to their accounts.
- To offer and manage our Service, including monitoring website usage.
- To manage your registration as a website user. The Personal Data you supply may grant you access to certain Service features available to You as a registered user.
- We shall contact You by email, phone calls, SMS, WhatsApp messages or other comparable means of electronic communication when necessary to provide updates or instructive messages about the functionality, products, or contractual services, including security upgrades.
- We shall send you news, special offers, and information about other goods, services, and events that we provide that are related to those that you have already enquired about unless you have indicated a preference not to receive such info.
- To respond to and answer Your inquiries.
- We may share your personal information with our business partners in order to alert you to new products, services, or offers.
- We may use Your information for a number of reasons, such as data analysis, identifying use trends, assessing the effectiveness of our promotional activities, and analyzing and enhancing our Service, goods, services, marketing, and your experience.
- We may share Your personal information for any other reason with Your approval.
- On our Websites, we publish customer testimonials and comments that may include Personal Information. We obtain permission through email before publicizing a customer’s name and testimonial.
Security of Your Personal Data
Because the security of Your Personal Data is essential to Us, We endeavour to employ commercially reasonable measures to secure It, however, We cannot guarantee its ultimate security. Nevertheless, keep in mind that your personal information will be revealed in any of the following scenarios:
Upschool Africa may be obliged to release Your Personal Data in certain situations, such as where required by law or in response to lawful demands from governmental authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements including but are not limited to the following:
- Protection and defence of the Company’s rights and property
- Preventing or investigating potential misconduct in relation to the website
- Protection of website users or the general public’s personal safety
The Upschool Africa Website or Community is not intended or aimed at children under the age of 14, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information about children under the age of 14 unless we have a parental agreement. If this is not the case, we will delete such information from our website. If you suspect we have acquired personal information on a child under the age of 14, please notify us so that the information can be deleted.
Retention of Personal Information
The Company will also save Usage Data for internal analysis. Usage Data is typically retained for a shorter length of time unless it is required to improve the security or operation of Our Service, or unless We are legally required to retain this data for a longer period of time.
If you have any questions, concerns, or criticism about our privacy policies, or if you have a disability and require this notice in a different format, please contact us at [email protected]